Mubadala Petroleum awarded contract offshore Indonesia

Image source: INPEX.Image source: INPEX.Abu Dhabi-based Mubadala Petroleum, in partnership with INPEX Corporation (INPEX), has been awarded the production sharing contract (PSC) for Indonesia's West Sebuku block

"The partners anticipate concluding detailed terms of the PSC for the West Sebuku block in the near future," said a Mubadala statement.

Mubadala Petroleum will be the operator with a 75.5 per cent interest, while INPEX will hold the remaining 24.5 per cent interest.

Mubadala conducted a geological study over the area in 2012 and the company will now focus upon the acquisition of 3D seismic data over the block.

The West Sebuku PSC is adjacent to the Sebuku PSC where Mubadala Petroleum is also the operator, through its affiliate Pearl Oil (Sebuku) Limited, and is developing the Ruby gas field in partnership with INPEX and Total.

The first gas is expected from Ruby in the latter part of 2013.

“The Ruby field will supply about 80mn cu/ft of gas per day," a Mubadala Petroleum spokeswoman was quoted as saying by Gulf News. "Together with our partners, Mubadala Petroleum will invest about US$500mn in the development of Ruby field.”

The 312 km-long pipeline connecting the Ruby platform to the Senipah onshore gas plant, operated by Total, is now complete.

Construction of the two Ruby platforms, a tripod wellhead platform (WHP) and a four-leg production platform (PQP) are nearing completion.

Offshore installation and commissioning will commence in the second quarter of 2013.

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?