Gulfsands Petroleum and Arawak Energy International enter into strategic deal for MENA region

gulfsandsArawak Energy International will provide Gulfsands Petroleum with financing for the acquisition and development of future projects in the region. (Image source: Clinton Steeds/Flickr)Gulfsands Petroleum has developed a strategic relationship with Arawak Energy International to ease acquisitions and development of new oil and gas opportunities in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region

According to the terms of the agreement, Arawak Energy International has also agreed to provide Gulfsands Petroleum with a US$20mn convertible loan facility for the further development of the explorer’s existing Moroccan interests, and for working capital purposes.

Both companies would pursue the acquisition of projects with existing oil and gas reserves requiring development or re-development. Gulfsands Petroleum is expected to 30 per cent and Arawak Energy International will carry the remaining 70 per cent interest in new projects.

According to a company statement, preparations for the commencement of initial production at Lalla Yetou Updip-1 well, located within the Rharb Centre Permit in northern Morocco are underway. Gulfsands Petroleum is reportedly targeting first gas before end of 2014.

Alain Charles Publishing, University House, 11-13 Lower Grosvenor Place, London, SW1W 0EX, UK
T: +44 20 7834 7676, F: +44 20 7973 0076, W: www.alaincharles.com

twn Are you sure that you want to switch to desktop version?